INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MOTHER CHURCH?
When an established healthy church feels called by God to start a new congregation as a way of reaching a new mission field using its staff, members, and resources, it may consider becoming a “mother church.” The great blessing and value of this decision by a mother church is that it replicates its healthy DNA into a New Church, while recognizing that the daughter church will have its own unique “fingerprints” of style, ministry, and focus. In this model, the daughter congregation is started with the full intent of chartering when it becomes financially and programmatically independent.
When an established healthy church feels called by God to reach into a new mission field by starting an extension campus, and it is clear that the new campus may have no intention of ever chartering or incorporating, it is considered an ‘Extension (or satellite) Campus.’ The great blessing and value of this model is that it replicates the healthy DNA of mother church into a new campus, while realizing the extension campus will have its own unique ‘fingerprints’ of ministry, style, and focus.
The prospective Mother Church must go through the following assessment/training process:
- Meet with the CNCD to begin the process.
- Fill out the application to become a Mother Church (See Policies and Procedures – Multi-Site);
- Attend an assessment/training session provided by the CNCD;
- Complete the Path 1 “Readiness 360″ assessment survey;
- 100% apportionment payout the year prior to birthing a new Daughter congregation…and remain on track for annual %100 payout each year as a Benchmarks for the Extension Campus or Daughter Church to receive funds approved in the grant.